Nutty chocolate raspberry thumbprints
Not sure where I got this recipe from, but I know it was a cooking magazine
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 C. Dutch processed cocoa powder (I just used Hershey's, not sure if that's what the recipe was going for)
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 8 T. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened (or shortening)
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 C. pecans, toasted & chopped fine
- 6 T. seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 C. white chocolate chips, melted
Oven 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
1. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt in medium bowl. In large bowl, with electric mixer on medium high, beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg & vanilla and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
2. Place pecans in a shallow dish. Roll 1 T. of dough into 1 inch ball then roll in pecans, pressing to adhere. Repeat with remaining dough. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Using a teaspoon, make indentation in center of each ball. Fill each dimple with 1/2 t. of jam. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then to wire racks to cool completely.
3. Drizzle cookies with melted white chocolate and let set until it hardens, about 15 minutes. (I didn't do this part, I didn't have any white chocolate)
Cookies can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for 3 days.
Yield: 3 dozen