Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1/2 pound French or Italian bread, sliced thick and torn into large chunks
- Whipped cream, if desired
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the bread and whipped cream; whisk until smooth.
Add bread and stir until all chunks are evenly moistened.
Cover and let soak 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Spoon bread mixture into baking dish and bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until set.
Let cool slightly, spoon into serving dishes, top with whipped cream, and serve.
You can also bake this recipe in individual ramekins.
Just place them on a baking sheet and reduce baking time to 40 to 45 minutes.