Tomato Feta Salad
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes - (6 cups)
- 3/4 pound good feta cheese
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine or Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl. Dice the feta in 1/4-inch dice, crumbling it as little as possible. Add the feta to the tomatoes and then add the onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Toss carefully and salt, to taste, depending on the saltiness of the feta. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 8 servings.