Chocolate Dream Cake
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg (16 oz) angel food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 TB instant coffee powder
- 1 1/2 c skim milk
- 1 pkg (1 1/3 oz) whipped topping mix
- 1 pkg (1.4 oz) sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 10x15 jelly roll pan with waxed paper. Whisk together cocoa, sugar, and boiling water. Cool to lukewarm.
Prepare cake mix per package directions, using 1 1/4 cups water and adding cocoa mixture. Spread batter evenly in the pan. Bake 20 minutes or until top looks dry. Invert onto a large wire rack. Remove the pan and waxed paper. Cool.
In a medium bowl, dissolve coffee in milk. Add topping and pudding mixes. Beat on low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed until soft peaks form. Chill 5 minutes.
Cut cake crosswise into thirds. Cover each with topping. Stack; chill 2 hours.