Whatever you want to call it
This is my "get rid of everything in the fridge or it's going to go bad" dinner.
It was a fly by the seat of my pants dinner, but it came out pretty good.
- Baby red potatoes, about 12, quartered
- 2 packages sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 About 1/4 small bag of baby carrots, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, thick slices, then quartered
- 1/2 large yellow onion, made into chunky pieces
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 About 10 chicken tenders, cubed
- Salt & pepper
- All purpose seasoning (I have a generic version of Emeril's Essence)
1. Put oil in large fry pan over medium heat. When warm, add garlic & shallots. Heat until you smell them. Add onions & potatoes. Stir so potatoes & onions are coated with oil, garlic & shallots. Cover, about 10 mins. stirring occasionally.
2. Next add mushrooms. Stir, cover about 5 minutes. Add carrots, zucchini & chicken (I add water after this step to help steam the veges and make some "juice"-about 1/2 cup or so, depending on how much the food soaks up). Stir well, cover.
3.Add s&p to taste as well as your seasoning of choice. Cover until chicken pieces are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Water will mix with cooked pieces of potato & thicken a little.