Chai Banana Bread
May 2012 Cooking Light
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3)
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 ounce all-purpose flour (2 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons 1% low-fat milk
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 93mins
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed just until blended. Add sugars; beat at medium just until blended.
3. Weigh or spoon flour into dry measuring cups. Combine flour, soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended.
4. Combine cardamom and next 3 ingredients. Stir 1 1/2 teaspoons spice mixture and 1 teaspoon vanilla into batter. Pour into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan; cool.
5. Combine remaining spice mixture, remaining vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk. Drizzle over bread