CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- 4 oz. package 60% Cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups mashed (very ripe) bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (for the topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray one 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg, bananas, milk, and melted chocolate. Mix on low speed until well blended.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture and 1/2 cup of walnuts to the wet mixture. Mix on low speed until combined. Pour the batter into the loaf pan evenly. Sprinkle the top with 1/4 cup of walnuts.
5. Bake for 65 – 67 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
When the bread is completely cooled. Wrap well in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Label the bag and freeze up to 2 months.