Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia
- 2 large tilapia fillets (or similar thin white fish) - about 3/4 pound
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch grated ginger (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Scallions, chopped for garnish
- Extra cilantro, to garnish
Heat the oven to 475ºF. Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.
Chop the pepper and garlic, and grate the ginger. Put in a small food processor with the soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil, and cilantro. Whir until blended. Pour the sauce over the fish, rubbing it in a little. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through. It will be very moist and gelatinous, still.
Serve immediately over brown rice, garnished with scallions and cilantro.