Curried Leek Soup Recipe
Prep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min. Yield: 4 Servings
1 cup serving
5 points plus
1 serving (1 cup) equals 200 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 1,057 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute leeks in butter over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, water, carrots, celery, bouillon, curry powder and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
Place 1 cup soup in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to pan. Add milk; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 4 servings.