Pumpkin Apple Pancakes
- For the Pancakes:1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Large Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil or Melted Butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 cup Peeled (Diced Apple)
- For the Caramelized Apple Topping:1 Apple (sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
For the Pancakes: Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg together in a medium bowl.
Combine egg, oil, milk, apple and pumpkin in a small bowl. Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients. let stand for 5 minutes. While you let the batter stand, make the caramelized apples.
For the Caramelized Apple Topping: Melt butter in a skillet. Add brown sugar and apple slices. Cook stirring occasionally until apples are soft and slightly golden - about 8 minutes.
Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter onto a hot griddle or nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Turn pancakes when bubbles appear and edges are cooked - about 2 minutes. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes on second side. top with caramelized apples and warm maple syrup.
You'll also love
- Skillet Chili Mac with corn and... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Crispy New Potatoes with Oregano &... 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Pies 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Outrageous Cherry Dr Pepper Cake 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Key Lime Cake 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Glazed Pumpkin Streusel Cookies 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 4.6/5 (22 Votes)