Asparagus & Salmon Spring Rolls
These spring rolls are filled with smoked salmon, tender-crisp asparagus and plenty of fresh herbs. Spring rolls look impressive when you put them out for a party, but they are actually easy to make. To simplify the process, lay out all the ingredients you need to make the rolls near your work surface before you begin.
- 24 thick rolls or 36 thin rolls of asparagus, about 2 pounds
- 2 (3 to 4-ounce) smoked wild salmon slices
- 12 (8-inch) rice-paper wrappers
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 24 slices
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed, plus more to taste
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Bring 1-inch of water to a boil in a large skillet. Trim asparagus spears to no longer than 6-inches; add to the boiling water. Partially cover and cook the asparagus until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain; refresh under cold water. Cut each spear in half lengthwise. Cut salmon slices into 12 strips, no longer than 6-inches each.
Soak one wrapper at a time in a shallow dish of very hot water until softened, about 30 seconds. Lift out, let excess water drip off and lay on a clean, dry cutting board.
Center a strip of smoked salmon in the bottom third of the wrapper, leaving a 1-inch border on either side. Arrange 4 thick or 6 thin asparagus spear halves, overlapping as necessary, over the salmon. Top the asparagus with 2 avocado slices, 1 tablespoon shredded carrot, and about 2 teaspoons each basil and mint. Fold the wrapper over the filling and roll into a tight cylinder, folding in the sides as you go. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling. Cut each finished roll in half.
To prepare dipping sauce whisk soy sauce, orange juice, lemon juice, mirin, and crushed red pepper in a small serving bowl.
Serve the rolls immediately with the sauce.
You'll also love
- Simple Baked Meatballs with Rice &... 3.9/5 (64 Votes)
- Tender Slow-Cooker Mushroom Lamb... 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Shrimp Scampi 3.9/5 (129 Votes)
- Jagerschnitzel 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- The Joy of Cooking Tuna Noodle... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Raspberry & White Chocolate Waffle... 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Banana Jumbo Muffins 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni 4.4/5 (32 Votes)