BEEF AND BROCCOLI STIR-FRY
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 lb. top sirloin, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 2 tsp. grated fresh gingerroot
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, cornstarch, dark brown sugar, garlic and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry until almost cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Cut broccoli into florets (should yield about 4 cups) and add to skillet with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Return beef to skillet with soy sauce mixture; add ginger. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Serve with egg noodles. Cook them according to the packet directions drain and stir into the stir-fry just before serving