Caramel Apple Ginger Bread
17.5g total fat
5.5g sat fat
- 1 3/4 cups AP flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper, allowing paper to extend over sides. Spray paper with cooking spray. Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
2. Blend 1 cup brown sugar, oil, sour cream and eggs in blender 1 min or until smooth. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Pour in egg mixture, whisk until moistened. Stir in apples and crystallized ginger; spoon into pan.
3. Bake 55-60 min or until wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean but slightly moist. (internal temp should be 210 degrees) Cool in pan on wire rack set over sheet of wax paper 10 min.
4. Meanwhile, bring all glaze ingredients to a boil in small saucepan over med-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly
5. Remove bread from pan; remove parchment. With wooden skewer, poke hole in top of bread every inch, inserting skewer all the way through bread. Spoon 1/4 cup of the warm glaze over hot bread, allowing glaze to seep into holes. Cool completely on wire rack.
6. Gently warm remaining glaze just until spreadable. Spoon over bread, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Let stand until set