Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato Mash
The addition of delicious sweet potatoes gives a nutrient boost to mashed potatoes. Double it: Cook the potatoes in a Dutch oven rather than a large saucepan.
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Place potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until very tender when pierced with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes, then mash them in the pot to the desired
consistency. Place milk and butter in a small bowl and microwave on High until the butter is mostly melted and the milk is warm, 30 to 40 seconds. (Alternatively, place in a small saucepan and heat over medium until the milk is warm.) Stir the milk mixture, sugar, salt and pepper into the mashed potatoes until combined.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Orange Glazed Pork... 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Banana Bread (Betty Crocker's... 4/5 (140 Votes)
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo w/ Peas 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Baked Potato... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Classic Sweet Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Puree With Apples 5/5 (8 Votes)