Cream o' mushroom chicken dinner
Cream of mushroom chicken with sauteed green beans, home fries and cucumber salad. Easy and so good!
- 8-10 chicken tenders (or 4 boneless breasts)
- Seasoned salt (or all purpose seasoning salt free) & pepper
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
- Green beans:
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- Flavored olive oil (of your choice), enough to coat bottom of pan generously
- Home Fries:
- 1 package baby red potatoes (or your choice of potato) about 1-2 lbs.
- 1 small onion, large cuts
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (I have also used 1 small shallot in place of the garlic)
- Sesame oil
- S&P if desired
- Cucumber Salad:
- 1 large cucumber, peeled (& seeded if desired, or use English cuke)
- 1 medium onion
- Mayonnaise, about 2-3 T.
- S&P to taste
Season chicken on both sides. In large fry pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken & cook 3-4 minutes on each side, turning once. Add soup. Add water to desired consistency (I used about 1/2 can of water). Reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and spooning soup over chicken and flipping chicken once. (Can also be served over white rice.)
Wash & pat dry green beans. Add flavored oil to medium to large pan over medium heat. When oil is warm, add green beans. Mix well into oil in pan, coating all beans. Cook over medium heat until beans turn vibrant green (crispy texture) or the outside of beans start to shrivel a little (more tender). If your beans don't seem to have enough oil coating them, add more as you go-beans shouldn't be swimming in oil.
Slice potatoes (I left the skins on) to even thickness. Put EVOO in pan (to coat the bottom) over medium heat. When warm, add onion & garlic/shallot. Cook about 2-3 minutes (when you can smell it). Add potatoes. Mix everything well to coat potatoes. Turn heat down slightly, so potatoes can cook and not burn. Cover and cook about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally and checking doneness at 10 minutes. Add sesame oil in drizzles at end of cooking for added flavor and stir well before serving.
Slice peeled cucumber to desired thickness. Slice onion to same thickness or thinner than cucumber (you can also cut onion slices in half to make for easier eating). Put in bowl. Add mayo, s&p. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Mayo will thin out with juice from cucumbers. If needed, add more mayo. Stir well before serving. (This will become more & more runny as time passes if there's leftovers-but it's still good!!!)