Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
You've made oatmeal-raisin cookies before, so why try these? Because they're moist, chewy and loaded with raisins - and they're better than any you've tried before! From Cuisine Magazine.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 26mins
Adapted from dessert.food.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low. To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie. Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
Fill cookie scoop with dough. (Use a #40 cookie scoop; it measures 2 tablespoon of dough) Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough. Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
You'll also love
- Cajun Jambalaya Pasta 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Individual 7-Layer Dips 4.3/5 (84 Votes)
- The Best Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe... 4.2/5 (103 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Jello 3.8/5 (126 Votes)
- Debbie's Fresh Apple Cake 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Bars 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Bacon Broccoli Salad with Raisins... 4.7/5 (25 Votes)