AREPAS DE QUESO (CHEESE CORNMEAL PATTIES)
- 1 cup pre-cooked white or yellow arepa flour or cornmeal
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup white or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pinch salt
1. Combine the cornmeal, warm water, cheese, 1 tbsp butter and salt, mixing thoroughly. Let mixture stand for five minutes.
3. Form 4 small balls with the dough. Place each ball between 2 plastic bags and with a flat pot cover flatten to ¼ inch.
4. Add the butter to a nonstick pan over medium heat. Place the arepas in the pan, and cook about 3 minutes on each side, until a crust forms or they are golden brown.