Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
A simple and quick crunchy, savory and yummy chicken casserole. The celery and almonds add the crunch, and the fried onions on top make it extra yummy! A perfect weeknight meal, enjoy!
- 3 cups deli-roasted chicken, chopped
- 2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups French fried onion rings
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Stir together first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
Spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 40 minutes; sprinkle onion rings evenly over top. Bake 5 more minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.