Tandoori Chicken Thighs
May 2012 Cooking Light
- 1 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Preparation time 28mins
Cooking time 150mins
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Scrape the yogurt mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add the chicken to yogurt mixture in bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
3. Brush grill rack with oil. Arrange chicken on grill rack. Grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.