- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- kernals from 4 medium ears of fresh corn
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
1. In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set it on paper towels to drain. Remove all but one tbsp of bacon fat from the pot.
2. Add potatoes and onions to the pot and saute for 5 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Crumble the bacon and stir it , the corn, the milk, and the cream into the broth. Simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper and serve.