Pan-Roasted Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup
4 servings, 1 cup each
6 points plus
Calories from fat: 37%
Saturated fat: 3.4g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil $
- 1 (4-ounce) package fresh gourmet-blend mushrooms $
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped celery, onion, and bell pepper mix
- 1 (2.75-ounce) package quick-cooking wild rice (such as Gourmet House)
- 1 (6-ounce) package light garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese wedges (such as The Laughing Cow)
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk $
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt $
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and celery mixture; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are browned, stirring occasionally.
2. While mushroom mixture cooks, prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Unwrap cheese; chop into bite-sized pieces.
3. Add milk, cheese, thyme, pepper, and salt to mushroom mixture, stirring well; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts and soup thickens. Stir in rice. Cook 1 minute or until heated.
Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast, Oxmoor House