Avocado Shrimp Salad
- 4 Ripe Haas avocados
- 16 Shrimp (21-25 count)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 Corn tortillas, cut into shards
- 1/2 Red onion, diced fine
- 1 rib Celery, minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice, squeezed
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Fresh tarragon, removed from stem, chopped fine
- Pinch Kosher salt
- To taste Fresh-cracked black pepper
- 3-inch Ring mold (3 inches wide and tall) or tin can with both ends removed
Preheat fryer to 350 degrees
Fry tortilla shards in hot oil for 1-2 minutes, then drain on paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and set crisp shards aside for final garnish and presentation.
In a small mixing bowl, combine onion, celery, garlic, and lemon juice with fine-chopped fresh tarragon and mayonnaise. Blend well.
Combine shrimp and Old Bay Seasoning and place on steam rack in a tall skillet with 1 cup of water. Cover and place over medium-high heat and then steam for 3-5 minutes. Let cool, and then peel and devein the shrimp. Do not rinse off seasoning from the cooked shrimp. Slice each shrimp in half lengthwise. Place all the sliced shrimp in a separate mixing bowl and add 4-6 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture. Blend and be careful not to break up the shrimp. Chill for 1 hour before filling the avocadoes.
Remove skins and pits from avocados. Slice avocados in half lengthwise. Place half of an avocado on the bottom of the ring mold, skin side down. Place one-fourth of the shrimp salad mixture on top of the molded avocado half, and then place the other half as a top and push down to form over top of the shrimp salad.
Push down on top of avocado and slide ring mold up to remove. Garnish top of all four avocados by spearing with 4-5 crispy tortilla shards.
You'll also love
- Apple Streusel Cinnamon Swirl... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinate Salmon - Nuwave Oven 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Passionfruit Marmalade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Hens with Crabmeat Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Legal Sea foods light clam chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Shrimp with Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Kisses 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Towers with Avocado &... 0/5 (0 Votes)