Summer Tiramisu with Mango & Lime
- 4 large eggs, separated
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup peach or mango jam
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 6 tablespoons mascarpone
- 6 ounces raspberries
- Lime zest, to garnish
Adapted from thekitchn.com
Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form soft peaks. (Soft peaks have tips that still flop over.)
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until lightened and creamy. Whisk in the jam, lime zest, and lime juice. Whisk in the mascarpone until completely incorporated with no lumps.
Gently fold in the egg whites. Fill four 6-ounce glasses halfway and drop in a few raspberries. Continue filling the glasses.
Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. The pudding will set into a soft, creamy mousse. Before serving, top with more raspberries and a sprinkle of lime zest.
On raw eggs: If you are pregnant or have a compromised immune system and don't wish to eat raw eggs, you can try this recipe with pasteurized eggs. Pasteurized egg whites are much more difficult to whip, however. You will probably need a pinch of cream of tartar or a little bit of the lime juice to help them form soft peaks.
On jam: I used a mango-pineapple jam that had no added sugar, just fruit. The pudding was perfectly balanced — not too sweet, not too tart.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (170 Votes)