Calzones and Fruit Salad (lactose/soy free)
- 2 packages frozen organic pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 hot italian pork sausage, casings removed
- 2 sweet italian pork sausage, casings removed
- 1 bunch organic broccolini, chopped
- 1 package organic white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 packages shredded mozzarella cheese, Cabot Cheese
- aluminum foil
- olive oil
- Pre made pizza sauce or leftover spaghetti sauce, for dipping
- 1 pint organic blueberries, rinsed
- 1 qt. strawberries, quartered, stems removed
- 1 cantaloupe, cubed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1.Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2.Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil, set aside.
3.Heat large frying pan. Add olive oil. Remove sausage from casing and crumble into pan. Fry until completely cooked.
4.Chop veggies. Place in bowl. Set aside.
5.Take dough out of wrapped. Cut in half and roll into balls.
6.With rolling pin, roll dough into flat circles. Place sausage, broccoilini and mushrooms in center. Top with cheese.
7.Fold in half. Seal edges by crimping with fork.
8.After all 4 calzones are made, coat hands with olive oil and rub over calzones. Place on cookie sheet.
9.Cook for 12 minutes.
10.Warm up sauce.
11.Make fruit salad by combining blueberries, strawberries and cantaloupe.