Chicken & Asparagus Crepes
Filled store-bought crepes with shredded rotisserie chicken, ricotta cheese and herbs. Topped with fresh asparagus and a light, lemony sauce.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 2 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, chopped (such as parsley, dill, chives or mint)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 crepes, I use store bought 9" crepes
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Butter a large baking dish.
Combine the chicken, ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, 3 tablespoons herbs, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
Spoon about 1/4 cup filling across the lower half of each crepe; roll up to enclose the filling. Place the crepes, seam-side down, in the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until the filling is hot, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook until it softens, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, lemon zest and the remaining 1 tablespoon herbs and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the crepes among plates, top with the asparagus and sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan.