Caramel Drizzled Pumpkin Poke Cake
Caramel drizzles over a pumpkin poke cake with layers of hot chocolate and fluffy white frosting. Take it along to your next pot luck - it will one of the first to be gone!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pumpkin, from 15 ounce can, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (12 ounce) jarshot fudge topping
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted 2 tablespoons
- Caramel topping
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 175mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan. Bake 26 to 33 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
Immediately poke cake every inch with handle of wooden spoon halfway into cake. Drizzle condensed milk evenly over top of cake; let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, place hot fudge in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 15 to 30 seconds or until smooth. Spoon and spread over cake, pressing slightly into holes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with pecans.
Just before serving, drizzle caramel sauce over each serving of cake. Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Salmon Oscar 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Cauliflower Casserole 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Frozen Vodka Lemonade Cocktail 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Classic Pecan Pie 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Mary Berry's Manhattan Roulade 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Appetizers 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Lemon Iced Lemon Pound Cake 4.4/5 (57 Votes)