SALMON POTATO HASH
- 1 (2 pound) center cut, skin-on, salmon filet
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh dill for garnish
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 russet potatoes, rinsed in water and cut into large dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves removed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Place the salmon on a large baking sheet skin side down. Drizzle salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes until flaky. Transfer to a cutting board.
For the Hash:
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and olive oil. Once heated add the potatoes and shallow-fry for about 8 minutes until evenly browned on all sides. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon and place onto a paper towel lined plate. Season with salt, pepper, and transfer to a large bowl.
Using 2 forks flake the salmon, removing it in chunks from the skin, and fold into the potatoes.
Remove most of the oil, leaving only a couple of tablespoons. Place over medium heat and add the sliced onions slice peppers and garlic and allow to caramelize. Add the green onions, thyme leaves, paprika and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Add the potatoes back to the pan and stir to combine.
You'll also love
- Apple Streusel Cinnamon Swirl... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinate Salmon - Nuwave Oven 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Passionfruit Marmalade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Onions and Eggs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Hens with Crabmeat Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Cakes with Old Bay Aioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Cake 1/5 (1 Votes)