Wild Mushroom Soup Rose Reisman FF
- 2 TSP veg oil
- 8 cups chopped mixwed mushrooms (about 1 1/3 lb)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 TSP finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 4 cups chicken or veg stock
- 1 cup peeled and diced potato
- 1/2 TSP dried rosemary
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1/4 TSP ground pepper
- 1/2 cup canned evaporated milk
- 3 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- 3 TBS chopped parsley
1. In a large nonstick pot lightly coated with cooking spray, add 1 TSP oil and the mushrooms. Saute for 15 mins on med-high heat or unyil the mushrooms are no longer wet. Remove and save 1/2 cup for garnish. Add the remaining oil in a pan.
2. Add the onions and the garlic and saute on med heat for 5 mins. Add the carrots and saute for 3 mins. Add all but 1/2 cup of the cooked mushrooms and the stock, potato, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 mins or until the potato is tender.
3. Puree in a food processor until smooth. Pour back into the saucepan and add the milok, parmesan and the remaining cooked mushrooms and heat gently and serve.