Dorito Chicken Casserole
If you are looking for a quick and delicious Mexican casserole dish, this Dorito chicken casserole is the perfect meal for you. The most work is that involved in this casserole is cooking and shredding the chicken.
If you have leftover chicken, this recipe would be a great way to use that up. If you do not, you can cook the chicken any way you like—in the oven, on the stove top, or on the grill. If you want to save time you could also get a cooked rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it.
The process to making this delicious casserole is simple—all of the chicken mixture ingredients are mixed in a bowl and then layered in a casserole dish with crushed Doritos and topped with cheese. After the dish has baked you can top with additional ingredients such as lettuce and tomato if you choose.
This Dorito chicken casserole makes a perfect dinner for any night of the week. Enjoy.
Adapted from Jam Hands.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded and divided
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1 large bag Doritos, coarsely crushed
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl mix together shredded chicken, 1 cup of cheese, cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, Rotel tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Mix well.
Grease a 2-quart casserole dish and add a layer of crushed Doritos across the bottom. Top with half of the chicken mixture. Add another layer of crushed Doritos followed by the remainder of the chicken mixture. Top with remaining cheese and Doritos
Cover and place into the oven and bake at 350°F for 30-25 minutes until bubbling hot. Remove from the oven and top with lettuce and tomato if you choose.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Cube Steak & Gravy 4.1/5 (139 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake 4.3/5 (78 Votes)
- Irish Jello Shots 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Parmesan Pesto Tilapia 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- Hamburger Potato Casserole 4/5 (130 Votes)
- Blueberry Crisp 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Broiled Scallops with a Parmesan... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Easy Macaroni Salad with Ham 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Creamy and Rich Banana and... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels’ Sprouts with... 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Turkey-Potato Casserole 3.9/5 (70 Votes)
- Seafood Dressing 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Paleo Almond butter chicken wings 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Spiedini 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Breads: Dakota Bread 3.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Mr. Greek Potatoes 3.8/5 (74 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Crockpot Potato Soup 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Lipton Onion Burgers 2.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Pepperidge Farm Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)