Mexican Juicy Lucy Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 10 ounces ground chorizo
- 1 packet Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 6 cubes
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 burger buns
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
Spray the grill with cooking spray, then preheat to medium-high.
2. Place the ground beef and chorizo in a large bowl. Add the taco seasoning and mix with your hands until just evenly combined.
3. Divide the meat into 6 equal balls.
4. Place a cube of cheddar cheese in the middle of each ball.
5. Use your hands to encase the meat around the cheese. Pat until you have covered the cheese completely and have formed a burger patty.
6. Place the patties on the grill, close the grill, and cook undisturbed (do not press down on the patties) until grill marks appear on the bottom, about 3 to 4 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the patties, close the grill again, and cook until grill marks appear on the second side and the patties are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes more. During the last minute of grilling add a slice of pepper jack cheese to each patty.
7. Place a patty on each bun bottom, top with bacon and jalapenos. Add top bun and serve immediately.