Soft and Crunchy Fish Tacos
- 8 flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from 8.2-oz package)
- 8 taco shells (from 4.6-oz package)
- 1 bag (12 oz) broccoli slaw mix (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup light lime vinaigrette dressing or vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix 4 tilapia or other mild-flavored, medium-firm fish fillets (about 1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese, if desired
Adapted from s3.amazonaws.com
1 Heat tortillas and taco shells as directed on package. In medium bowl, toss broccoli slaw mix, dressing and cilantro; set aside.
2 In shallow dish, place taco seasoning. Coat both sides of fish with taco seasoning. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook fish in oil 6 minutes, turning once, or until fish flakes easily with fork. Divide fish into 8 pieces.
3 Spread each flour tortilla with 2 tablespoons guacamole. Place hard taco shell on center of flour tortilla. Using slotted spoon, spoon about 1/4 cup slaw into each hard taco shell. Place 1 fish piece over slaw in each taco shell. Gently fold tortilla sides up to match taco shell sides. Top with 1 tablespoon cheese.