Oven Fried Zucchini Chips with Basil Dipping Sauce
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 small zucchini cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (like Hellmann’s)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Adapted from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com
Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a large oven-proof wire rack with non-stick spray and set on a baking sheet.
Whisk together bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, onion powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk then in breadcrumb mixture patting the crumbs on. Place slices on wire rack. Repeat until all are coated.
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile make the dipping sauce by pulsing all the sauce ingredients together in a food processor.
Serve immediately with dipping sauce.