Apple Ring Fritters
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- 4 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 apples unpeeled, cored, cut into 1/4 to 1/2" thick rings.
- 1 lemon
Mix sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together milk, 4 teaspoons of melted butter, vanilla, and eggs. Stir in flour, 2 Tablespoons of the brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Heat 2 cups of oil in a heavy deep pot to 350-375 degrees
Squeeze the juice of one lemon over apple slices. Dip four apple slices in batter and carefully place in oil.
Fry until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Approximately two minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain. While still warm toss fritters in cinnamon sugar or drizzle with butter vanilla glaze.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter
3/4 to 1 cup powder sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix ingredients together. Add enough cream to make the glaze thin enough to drizzle over fritters.