Linguine With Shrimp Scampi
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Kosher salt as needed
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 pound large shrimp - (abt 16 shrimp) peeled, deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon zest grated
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice - (2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon cut thin half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
This recipe yields 3 servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Mushroom Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ling Cod With Matsutakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Crab Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Spicy Butter-Poached Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)