Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apple Chutney
Pork and apples have long been perfect partners. Dried cranberries add color and tartness
Serve these sweet and spicy pork chops with baked sweet potatoes.
For variety, you can substitute dried cherries or golden raisins for the dried cranberries.
1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 400(Calories from Fat 110),Total Fat 13g(Saturated Fat 4 1/2g,Trans Fat 0g),Cholesterol 100mg;Sodium 220mg;Total Carbohydrate 36g(Dietary Fiber 1g,Sugars 32g),Protein 35g;
- 4 center-cut bone-in pork loin chops, 1 inch thick (about 2 lb), trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 medium baking apples, peeled, chopped (2 cups)
1 Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; place in cooker.
2 In small bowl, mix brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, cinnamon, red pepper and cranberries. Spoon over pork in cooker; top with apples.
3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours to 4 hours 30 minutes.