Parmesan Corn Muffins
Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese takes these corn muffins to another level. Love this recipe!
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1-cup)
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 ounces fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 14698084 (about 3/4 cup), divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped, divided
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 28mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine the first 3 ingredients.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture; stir just until moist.
Stir in 2 ounces cheese (about 1/2 cup) and 2 tablespoons chives. Spoon into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle muffins evenly with remaining 1 ounce cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
Bake at 400°F for 13 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Remove muffins from tins; cool on a wire rack.
Amount per serving
Saturated fat: 1.8g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
Variation 1 Bacon, Onion, and Cheddar Corn Muffins: Cook 2 bacon slices in a skillet over medium heat. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in pan. Drain bacon; crumble. Increase heat to medium-high. Add 3/4 cup chopped onion to drippings in pan; sauté 5 minutes. Prepare muffin batter, omitting sugar, cheese, and chives; stir in bacon, onion, and 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup). Proceed with step 5.
Serves 12 (serving size: 1 muffin) Calories 137; Fat 4.6g (sat 1.5g); Sodium 217mg
Variation 2 Raspberry-Cornmeal Muffins: Prepare muffin batter, omitting pepper, cheese, and chives. Stir in 1 cup fresh raspberries; spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle batter with 1 tablespoon sugar. Proceed with step 5.
Serves 12 (serving size: 1 muffin) Calories 144; Fat 5.1g (sat 0.8g); Sodium 173mg
You'll also love
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler 4.7/5 (62 Votes)
- BACON CHEESE BISCUITS 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Espresso Truffles 4.6/5 (72 Votes)
- Rhubarb Dump Cake 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Zucchini & Corn Tortitas with... 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Potato and Corn Soup - Instant Pot 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- No-Knead Crusty Artisan Bread 4.5/5 (75 Votes)