Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
- 2 pounds fresh salmon fillets
- Good olive oil as needed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons capers drained
- 6 fresh white or brioche rolls - (4" dia)
- 1/4 pound mesclun mix or fresh basil leaves
For the salmon, heat coals in an outdoor grill and brush the top of the grill with oil. Rub the outside of the salmon with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until the salmon is almost cooked through. Remove to a plate and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
For the sauce, place the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, basil, dill, scallions, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until combined. Add the capers and pulse 2 or 3 times.
To assemble the sandwiches, slice the rolls in 1/2 crosswise. Spread a tablespoon of sauce on each cut side. On the bottom 1/2, place some mesclun salad and then a piece of salmon. Place the top of the roll on the salmon and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)