Pollo a la Cazadora (Chicken Cacciatore)
- 6 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic chopped
- Chicken: I used 3 thighs cut in half, 5 drumsticks and 10 drummettes
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, minced
- 1/4 about 1/4 cup of Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from hispanickitchen.com
Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until opaque. Remove from pan and add the rest of the oil. Add chicken and fry, turning chicken until evenly browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Add the wine and cook until it evaporates. Add tomatoes with their juice to the chicken, the bay leaves, rosemary and the parsley, reserving a bit of parsley for garnish and add the salt and pepper to taste. Cover pan partially and simmer adding chicken stock as needed when tomato juices begin to evaporate, about 1 hour.
Serve with potatoes.