Creamy Lemon Squares
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter room temp. plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 inch square baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. Butter Paper
Make crust using and electric mixer beat butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffly. Add flour, and mix on low just until combined. Press dough into the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of prepared pan, prick all over with a fork. bake until lightly golden 15 to 20 minutes.
Make filling in a large bowl wisk together yolk condensed milk and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over hot crust in pan.. return to oven and bake until filling is set 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
Refrigerate until filling isfirm abjttwo hours or up to 3 day. Using paper overhang lift cake onto a work surface cut into 16 squares and dust with confectioners sugar.