These Mushroom Puffs are a scrumptious way to start any meal, whether you are gearing up for the Super Bowl or spending time with friends and family during the holidays. This easy recipe feeds a crowd and can be made up to a month in advance. Freeze these tasty morsels so you can have them any time you get a craving for puff pastry wrapped mushroom puffs.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened, plain or buttery garlic and herb
- 1 (8-ounce) can mushroom pieces and stems, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Parchment paper
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 110mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until smooth. Stir in mushrooms, onion, Parmesan cheese, green onion, and hot sauce. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Roll 1 puff pastry sheet into a 16x10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut pastry in half lengthwise. Spread 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture down center of each rectangle; brush edges with egg mixture. Fold each pastry half lengthwise over filling, and pinch edges to seal. Cut pastries into 10 pieces each, and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining puff pastry sheet, egg mixture, and cream cheese mixture.
Brush remaining egg mixture over tops of pastry pieces; sprinkle with pepper.
Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned. Serve immediately.
To make-ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 3. Freeze pieces on baking sheet until firm (about 1 hour), and transfer to zip-top plastic freezer bags. Freeze up to 1 month. To bake, place frozen puffs on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, and proceed as directed in Step 4.
You'll also love
- Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Queso 4.4/5 (75 Votes)
- John Wayne Casserole 4.4/5 (75 Votes)
- Butterscotch Banana Bundt Cake 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom, Onion & Garlic... 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheddar Puffs 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftover... 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter... 4.5/5 (69 Votes)