Green Salad With Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 extra-large egg yolk room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 6 servings salad greens or mesclun mix - (to 8)
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, egg yolk, salt, and pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
Toss the greens with enough dressing to moisten and serve.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.