Cinnamon Sponge Cake
- 5 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cake flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- cinnamon for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
2. Whisk the eggs and the sugar together until very light and fluffy.
3. Fold in the sifted flour. Then add the water and the vanilla essence. Be very careful to fold and not to beat so that the cake will loose its light texture.
4. Pour half the batter into a shallow square baking tin.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the batter in the baking pan.
6. Top with the remainder of the batter.
7. Bake for approximately half an hour, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.