Yellow Squash with Tomatoes and Parmesan
- 2 tsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil (or slightly more, depending on your pan)
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced (or to taste)
- 2 medium or 3 small yellow summer squash
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomato halves
- salt and fresh gorund black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving if desired
Diced onion, minced garlic, and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Cut both ends off squash, then cut lengthwise into halves (or fourths if the squash is larger.) Slice the squash into 3/4 - 1 inch slices. Have the oil and Parmesan cheese ready.
Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large non-stick frying pan and saute the onion pieces 2-3 minutes, until they are starting to soften but aren't browned. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute more. Then add the squash pieces and 1 more tsp. oil (if needed) and cook over medium-high heat, turning often, for 6-8 minutes or until the squash is cooked through and starting to brown but is still slightly crisp.
Stir in the cherry tomato halves and cook 1 minute, just until the tomatoes are warmed. Season the dish with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, sprinkle Parmesan over, and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage Penne Pasta 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Confetti Potato Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ham & White Bean Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Green Fried Tomatoes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orecchiette with Broccoli,... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Squash: Summer Stuffed Patty Pans 4.5/5 (2 Votes)