- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly-minced dill plus
- extra sprigs for garnish
- 1 scallion (white and green parts) minced
- 1 tablespoon milk, half-and-half, or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 100 grams good salmon roe
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese until smooth. With the mixer on medium speed, add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, scallion, milk, salt, and pepper. With a rubber spatula, fold in 3/4 of the salmon roe. Spoon the dip into a bowl and garnish with the remaining salmon roe and sprigs of fresh dill.
Serve with chips, toasts, or crackers.
This recipe yields 1 pint.