Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan/Sugar Free/Oil Free)
- 3 medium over-ripe bananas
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flax + 3 tbsp. water, mix and let sit at least 10 min)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 3/4 tsp. potassium salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup 100% whole-grain spelt flour
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from chiquitabananas.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place bananas in a bowl and mash completely. Add in next 7 ingredients (vanilla - milk). Whisk together to combine. In a separate bowl, mix together flours, oats, baking powder and baking soda. Add into wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
3. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups (parchment paper ones are the best for non-sticking). Fill each muffin cup fairly full (a little over 3/4). Bake in preheated oven for 20 min, or until lightly browned and cooked through).