- For the Graham Cracker Butter:
- 6 large graham cracker sheets (or 24 little squares)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- For the Granola:
- 2 1/2 cups oats (I used quick cooking, but I think old-fashioned would be better)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup graham cracker butter (recipe follows) or Cookie Butter, Biscoff, or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup vanilla mallow bites
Graham Cracker Butter
Add graham crackers and brown sugar to a large food processor. Pulse until the graham crackers have become a fine crumb. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and run the food processor for about 4 minutes. Stir. Add the rest of the oil and process for an additional 4-6 minutes, stirring and letting the processor rest after about 3 minutes. (If your processor gets too hot during a long run, let it sit for a minute.)
Make the Granola:
Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place honey and graham cracker (or other) butter in a large bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir together (it should be somewhat runny). Add oats and stir until all oats are moistened. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
Place chocolate chips in the large bowl. Set aside.
Bake for 15 minutes, remove and stir. Bake for another 15 minutes and then remove from oven. Let cool for about 5 minutes, then pour into the large bowl with the chocolate chips. Stir. The warm granola will make the chocolate melty and bind the granola. Spread back out onto cookie sheet and let cool completely. Add marshmallows to cooled granola and store in a airtight container.