Brown Rice and Chicken Bake
- 4 slices Bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (1 1/2 lb)
- 6 carrots, peeled, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thirds
- 1 cup long grain brown rice uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Kraft Tuscan House Italian Dressing
- 1 cup Kraft Shredded Three Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia
- 2 green onions, sliced
Heat oven to 375o
Cook and stir bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tbsp drippings from skillet
ADD chicken to reserve drippings; cook 3 minutes on each side or until evenly browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
ADD carrots and rice to skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes, adding garlic the last minute.
STIR in broth and dressing, bring to boil.
SPOON into 2 qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with chicken. Cover
BAKE 1 hour or until chicken is done (165o) and rice is tender. Remove from oven; top with cheese, bacon and onions.