Broccoli With Garlic And Soy Sauce
- 1 head garlic - (abt 16 cloves) peeled
- 1 cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 broccoli stalks cut into florets (8 cups of florets)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Put the garlic cloves and oil in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until the garlic is browned and tender. Turn off the heat and add the red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Immediately pour into a heat-proof container to stop the cooking. Allow to cool to room temperature.
For the salad, blanch the broccoli florets in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain well and immerse immediately into a large bowl of ice water until the broccoli is cooled. This process stops the cooking and sets the bright green color. Drain well.
In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup of the oil used to cook the garlic, the soy sauce, and 8 or more cloves of cooked garlic. Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Ragout Of Pork Stroganoff 4/5 (1 Votes)
- San Francisco Mushroom Rolls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta With Mushrooms, Ham,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Braised Broccoli Rabe (Rapini) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Sea Trout, Vegetables, Green... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fresh Broccoli Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)