Mixed vegetable side dish
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 eggplant washed and cut into 1 " cubes, skin on.
- 3 medium zuccchinis slived
- 2-3 onions diced
- 2-3 green peppers diced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 4-5 well ripened tomatoes or 2 large cans Progresso Pear tomatoes with Basil
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced1/2 c water
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp basil (if using fresh tomatoes)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 black pepper
- 3 tsp salt ( if you use salt - I don't)1/2 c water
Saute eggplant then remove to large pot. Saute zucchini until browned then remove to pot. Saute onions, garlic, and both peppers for about 6 mins. then add to pot. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Remove lid, bring heat to medium, anf cook another1/2 hour to reduce liquid, sirring now and then. Let rest before serving.