Confetti Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 lbs unpeeled medium potatoes
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp. celery seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- leaf lettuce, optional
Preparation time 28mins
Cooking time 120mins
1. Combine potatoes with enough water to cover in a large saucepan. bring to a boil. Boil until tender, about 20 minutes; drain well. cool until easily handled.
2. peel and coarsely chop potatoes. combine potatoes, bell pepper, olives and peas in a large bowl and mix gently.
3. combine mayonnaise and the Dijon-style mustard in a small bowl and mix well. Stir in vinegar, onion, celery seeds, salt and pepper.
4. add mayonnaise mixture and potato mixture and toss gently to coat.
5. chill the potato salad, covered, in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Linea serving bowl with leaf lettuce. spoon the potato salad into the lettuce-lined bowl.